Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sunflower Balloon Fest

Mother's Day weekend is our annual balloon fest. Our family for the past 4 years or so have been on the chase crew, and when we are lucky and there is a open spot in the basket, we get to hitch a ride! LOVE IT. I can not tell you how quiet and peaceful it is, and Luke our pilot is just the best! This is Jeremey flying with Luke. He could have got to long the time that he actually got to fly the balloon. He was very excited he got to fly it this year.
When I went up I looked back and saw some other balloons going up and some coming down. I think 6 or 7 ended up flying Friday evening.
Here is looking off towards Attica, just before we switched riders again. Luke took us pretty high this year, and I got to fly for about 20 minutes. The entire flight of the balloon was about 10 miles long. I think I have just as much fun chasing the balloon as I do riding in it.
Our shadow.

No comments: